The GIU Berlin campus is part of a heritage-protected ensemble located in the district of Berlin-Reinickendorf. The address for navigation is Am Borsigturm 162, 13507 Berlin. The campus is located next to the underground station Borsigwerke (U6), connecting in just 20 minutes to the city center (U/S station “Friedrichstraße”). The entrance to the lecture halls and seminar rooms is from the rear side of the tall building – see map for parking and entrance. The building is wheelchair accessible.
The shopping center “Hallen am Borsigturm” with more than 100 shops and 20 restaurants is just a few minutes across the street, and Berlin´s second largest lake the “Tegeler See” can be reached in walking distance and invites for a walk at the beautiful ‘Greenwich’ promenade.
Rules of participation in person due to COVID-19 regulations
- All EnviroInfo 2021 visitors have to be vaccinated or tested or recovered.
- The minimum physical distance of 1.5 m must be maintained indoor and outdoor.
- Individuals with respiratory symptoms or fever are generally not allowed on the university premises (unless a doctor has confirmed that it is a non-hazardous condition such as a cold).
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory for visitors. It is only allowed to take off the mask when seated, standing at the presentator's desk and maintaining 1.5 m distance.
- Washing hands upon entry is highly recommended. Use soap and hot water for 20 seconds. Please maintain the minimum distance of 1.5 m also in bathrooms.
- Access by persons not affiliated with the EnviroInfo 2021 conference is not allowed.
- Hand sanitizers are available in the entrance of the building. However, we encourage you to bring your own for continuous sanitization