DIGITAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2021
24 hours – hands-on challenges – 3.000 euros for the 3 winning teams
At the DIGITAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE, highly motivated students of computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, electrical engineering, socioinformatics and mechanical engineering develop innovative and sustainable software solutions for corporate partners' actual challenges as part of INFORMATIK 2021.
Within 24 hours, the teams of 3-5 people create executable software solutions for the challenges, which are previously defined by the industry partners, are to be solved by newly programmed software and are to contribute to the sustainability goals of the United Nations.
The DIGITAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE enables intensive networking between companies and students. The company partners can present themselves in the innovative environment of INFORMATIK 2021 and become better acquainted with the students; the students gain insights into the work areas, fields of activity and corporate culture of the challenge partners while solving real software problems. Challenges are offered by IBM and Huawei.
In addition, a cash prize of 3.000 euros will be awarded to the best three teams.
You are a student and would like to participate in the Digital Innovation Challenge?
This is how it works: From 01.09. you can book a free ticket to INFORMATIK 2021 in our ticketshop with the voucher code "#DIC2021". By participating in the Digital Innovation Challenge, you will receive free access to the entire conference program. Please note that participation in DIC is only possible as a team (3-5 people). Each team member must register him/herself. When registering, please enter the name of your team for assignment purposes.
Schedule of the DIGITAL INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2021
- 01.09.: Opening of the registration for students as a team (3-5 persons).
- 28.09, 11.00-12.00: Presentation of the challenges by the partner companies & introduction of the jury.
- 28.09., 12.00-1.00 pm: Communication of the challenge preferences by the students
- 28.09., 2:00 pm: Assignment of the students to the challenges; start of the processing of the challenges
- 29.09., 2:00 pm: Handing in of the results & videos
- 30.09., 11:00-1:00 pm: Jury evaluation
- 30.09., 4:45-5:00 pm: Award ceremony
|Partner company||Titel of the challenge||Contact||E-Mail address|
|IBM||responsible.computing( ) - Building responsible code||Chan Naseeb||Chan.Naseeb@ibm.com|