Call for Papers
The EnviroInfo 2021 is the 35th edition of the long standing and established international and interdisciplinary conference series on leading environmental information and communication technologies. The conference is open for contributions covering innovative topics at the interface between informatics and environmental research.
Due to the interdisciplinary character of environmental informatics there is a wide range of topics that were already central to previous conferences and will be still in the heart of the EnvioInfo 2021. Examples include:
- Earth Observation and Monitoring
- Environmental Modelling and Simulation
- Applications of Geographical Information Systems
- Environmental Information Systems
- Core and emerging technologies in Environmental Informatics
- Agent-based simulations in Environmental Informatics
- Environmental Informatics in Smart Environments: Smart Homes, Buildings, Cities, Communities
- Citizen science in Environmental Informatics
- Disaster risk modelling and assessment, disaster response
- Environmental sensors and environmental informatics
- Environmental informatics and the Atmospheric Environment
- Sustainable transportation and energy systems
- Managing and mitigating climate change and extreme events
- Sustainable resource management and circular economy
- Green Software Engineering
- Robotics and reinforcement learning in Environmental Informatics
EnviroInfo 2021 welcomes papers also on the following topics, where ICT technologies play a crucial role to achieve the sustainability goals of the United Nations in context of the Agenda 2030 and to support societal transformation processes:
- Digitalization and Sustainability
- Rebound effects of ICT
- Societal aspects of Environmental Informatics
- Environmental Informatics for Developing Countries
- Smart Farming Systems (Stable 4.0)
Moreover, papers that fall under the main theme of this year’s conference, which is “Computer Science and Sustainabibility” are particularly welcome. These papers might include deployments, case studies and lessons learned from designing, creating and deploying digital twins of urban communities and environments.
Call for Special Tracks
Special tracks and sessions are part of the EnviroInfo conference and included within the EnviroInfo review system. They bring together papers of one specific topic. In the last years we had e.g. topics like Environmental Health Informatics, Sustainable Mobility, AI and Environmental Informatics, Earth Observation Systems and so on.
Duties of a spcial track organizer woulbe be to write a summary of the workshop on 1-2 pages to be included in the conference proceedings, to attrac an appropriate number of participants and papers and to organize the special track (i.e. format, people, presentations).
Note, that special tracks will not have their own review process. Special tracks' participants have to decide whether their submissions have to be treated as full scientific research paper, Work in progess paper or abstract and talk only paper!
Are you interested to offer such a special session? Please contact us by sending a max. one page teaser until the 31h of January 2021.
Up to now the following special tracks are already planned for 2021:
- Environmental Health Informatics
- Artificial Intelligence and Sustainability
- Advances and Gaps in Risk Information Management (Challenges in Implementing the UN SENDAI Framework)
- Earth System Observation and Computational Analysis for Sustainable Development